Creative Futures Ambassador Job Role
14 February 2019
An opportunity for students interested in working with the Outreach team
The Outreach and Enrichment team are looking for students from Manchester School of Art and across the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, to be part of our Creative Futures team. Working with us to deliver project for and with young people, schools, colleges and the wider community across the full academic year, your role will be to support and deliver high quality creative engagement opportunities across a broad range of projects. These projects include, but are not restricted to: Saturday Clubs, the Creative Futures Youth Collective, visit and experience days, workshop support and delivery, outreach event support, school workshops and more.
We are looking for students who will advocate creative study while supporting the work the Outreach team to do encourage young people in their development and understanding of creative futures. We want you to input into our work and help us to deliver a programme of high-quality events, experiences and workshops. You will gain:
- Opportunities to learn new skills such as event coordination, workshop delivery, working with young people, communicating creative ideas, collaboration, planning and delivery, and organisation
- You will have access to high quality training to support your development and confidence.
- Opportunities to support experienced staff, practicing artists, designers and creatives in project-based work
- Opportunities to share experiences and ideas, helping young people to discover pathways into studying creative subjects
- Opportunities to progress onto commissioned projects across the faculty, respond to live briefs and be supported through your work.
- You will experience being part of a network of students and staff, receive our specialist training opportunities, have access to high profile external talks and workshops, support and advice on careers and practice development, receive our newsletter and workshops including professionalising practice advice.
We are looking for students who have all or some of the following person requirements. If you don’t tick all the list, have no fear! We have training to support your development at all stages so please do apply and we work together to develop your skills:
- Strong communicator
- Interest in working with young people
- Ability to express ideas and communicate in complex situations, to broad audiences
- Ability to share experiences and ideas around creative education
- Be a curious and creative current student
For more information please contact Elle Simms on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in Professionalising your practice join our P3 mailing list and Facebook group here www.art.mmu.ac.uk/outreach/p3