AUDINT - A Martial Hauntology
AUDINT is a research cell investigating how ultrasonic, sonic and infrasonic frequencies are used to demarcate territory in the soundscape and the ways in which their martial and civil deployments modulate psychological, physiological and architectural states. Re-formatted in 2008, AUDINT currently consists of Toby Heys and Steve Goodman. Their installations, performances, books, records and websites patch together a mix of the whispered and the unsound into an audible journey that - links the underground groove of the Large Hadron Collider with the vaults of the Bank of Hell; connects the Dead Record Network with the Phantom Hailer; and traces the evolution of the Wandering Soul Tapes to the viral dynamics of the online spectreware named IREX2.
Upcoming works include:
* A triple gatefold package containing a 112-page book, 180g clear vinyl record, and six 12"x12" 'Dead Record Archive' cards on AUDINT Records, 2014.
* Installation at the Museum of Contemporary Art at Herford, Germany for the group exhibition 'Booster' - a survey on mobile sound systems.
* Installation at the PHI Centre in conjunction with the Mutek Festival in 2015.
* Solo exhibtion at Harcour House Gallery, Edmonton, Canada in 2015.
* Solo exhibition at Artcite Gallery, Windsor, Canada in 2014.