Friday 5 — Friday 19 August 2016
Raphael Fonseca, a curator from Brazil has been spending the last few months at the Manchester School of Art, undertaking his residency projects. His final exhibition in the UK – Reply All is developed with the assistance of Nuria Lopez de la Oliva, a Manchester School of Art student in MA Contemporary Curating.
The exhibition will feature twenty exhibitors from Manchester and Brazil that include ten artists based in Brazil, and current students and recent graduates in BA (Hons) Photography, MA Contemporary Visual Culture, MA Photography, BA (Hons) Fine Art from the Manchester School of Art. Each artist and student were ‘virtually’ teamed up to produce show pieces, ranging from photographic images, texts, audio, performance, paintings, videos, 3D prints etc.
This experimental project involved pairing the participants, and encouraging them to conduct a-month long dialogue via Skype. Under Raphael’s supervision, each pair was motivated to develop work based on personal interests and courses that are being studied at the university. Despite the physical distance, the exhibition Reply All will showcase the outcomes of this exciting transnational collaboration.
Thursday 4 August
- José Nibra (MA Photography) + Jonas Arrabal (Rio de Janeiro)
- Nica Aquino (MA Contemporary Visual Culture) + Luciana Miyuki (São Paulo)
- Samantha Evans (BA Fine Art) + Cristiana Nogueira (Macapá)
- Leo Robinson (BA Fine Art) + Tiago Sant'Ana (Salvador)
- Mollie Milton (BA Fine Art) + Raquel Versieux (Crato)
- Wes Foster (BA Photography) + Rafael Adorján (Rio de Janeiro)
- Bex Ilsley (BA Fine Art) + Eduardo Montelli (Porto Alegre)
- Kimberley Robinson (BA Fine Art) + Nina Orthof (Brasilia)
- Kasumi Dean (BA Fine Art) + Julia Arbex (Rio de Janeiro)
- Laura-Anne Taylor (BA Fine Art) + Raquel Nava (Brasilia)